Become a Volunteer
The League relies on volunteers for all our fundraising, administrative and operational activities. We are an all-volunteer organization committed to helping animals and their people in need in the Valley Center area.
Please Contact Us to Volunteer!
A volunteer foster parent helps the Valley Center Animal League by providing in home care of the animals that we take into our care. The goal of the Foster Parent Volunteer is to help animals stay out of shelters and the pound by staying in their homes until we can find a home for them. Foster parents provide a clean, safe, loving environment for the animals in their homes. Our goal is to care for as many pets as possible in order to make them available for adoption.
Interested in becoming a foster? Fill out an application here!
- Provide proper care for the animal in your charge. (food, shelter, veterinary care, etc.
- Veterinary appointments: (at VCAL expense)
- Heartworm treatment (month to month)
- Flea and tick control (month to month)
- Fecal test
- Yearly vaccinations (including rabies)
- Have spayed or neutered
- Advertisement for permanent adoption (Facebook, poster, personal contacts, etc.) If a cost is involved it needs to be approved by VCAL board members.
- Training if needed to improve opportunities for permanent adoption.
- If emergency vet is required:
- Try to contact a VCAL board member
- If unsuccessful contact the VCAL approved veterinarian
- If after hours contact an emergency vet at 316-262-5321